Sound of Classical Poll
What is the Sound of Classical Poll?
The Sound of Classical Poll 2018 is presented by BRIT Awards Limited (“BAL”) and is a competition to identify one winner (a solo performer or group) who embodies the exciting future of classical music. As well as the esteemed title of being the inaugural winner of the Sound of Classical Poll, the winner will receive a Prize of (i) £1,000 towards their classical music tuition, music equipment and/or training fees and (ii) tickets to attend the Classic BRIT Awards 2018 with three guests.
How to Enter
The Sound of Classical Poll has now closed.
- FULL ADDRESS
- AGE (as of 13 June 2018)
- MOST RECENT MUSIC QUALIFICATION (for example only, “Grade 8 Piano”)
- LINK TO VIDEO PERFORMANCE (send at least one link to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox)
- A SHORT PARAGRAPH DESCRIBING YOURSELF (OR THE PERSON OR GROUP YOU HAVE NOMINATED) (of no more than 200 words)
- Entry is limited to solo vocalists, solo instrumentalists and musical groups (either instrumental and/or vocal) that are classically trained and/or currently in the process of undergoing classical music training
- The video link contained in your submission email must contain a “classical” or “classically inspired” performance
- The Entrant must be a resident of the United Kingdom and aged between 13 and 30 years as at 13 June 2018 (parental or legal guardian consent is required for entrants under 18 years)
- Every entrant must be prepared to take part in promotional activity in the event that they win or are shortlisted
- Full criteria and all other details, limitations, and restrictions are contained in the Official Rules here www.classicbrits.co.uk/terms-and-conditions under the heading “Sound of Classical Poll 2018”
IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA (AND ANY ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA CONTAINED IN THE OFFICIAL RULES) YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE.
Acceptance & Confirmation
By submitting an entry, you confirm that: (i) you understand and are subject to the Official Rules; (ii) the information provided in connection with your entry is true and correct and you acknowledge that BAL will require further evidence of proof upon request in the event you, or the person(s) you have entered, make a shortlist of entries being considered for the Prize; (iii) in the event you are entering anyone other than yourself you have obtained consent from them to do so and have brought the Official Rules to their attention (iv) the entrant is performing the content contained in the submitted video link, that it is an original work (save where applicable in respect of any underlying musical composition embodied therein) and that it does not infringe the rights of third parties and (v) in the event that they win or are shortlisted the entrant is available to take part in BAL’s related promotional activity.