SOUND OF CLASSICAL POLL “OFFICIAL RULES”
1. These terms and conditions (together with the short form rules listed at www.classicbrits.co.uk under the heading “Sound of Classical Poll - How To Enter”) are the rules which apply to The Sound of Classical Poll 2018 competition (the “Competition”) related to the Classic BRIT Awards 2018 (the “Event”) offered by BAL unless otherwise expressly stated (the “Terms”).
2. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Terms.
3. The Competition is organised by BRIT Awards Limited whose registered address is Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA (“BAL”).
4. BAL reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Event or these Terms at any time without prior notice.
5. The prize is the Winner’s association with and the goodwill generated from the Competition and the £1,000 contribution towards the Winner’s classical music training, music equipment and/or tuition fees plus the opportunity to attend The Classic BRIT Awards 2018 together with 3 guests (the “Prize”). The Winner must be able to get to The Royal Albert Hall, London, on Wednesday 13th June 2018 (arrival time to be confirmed by BAL). For the avoidance of doubt (i) if the Winner is more than one person the £1000 shall be divided equally amongst the winning group, (ii) the Prize will also include the reimbursement of reasonable travel costs to the Event (if requested in advance by the Winner and approved by BAL and only where a Winner is based out of London) but will not include accommodation or any other expenses incurred by the Winner in connection with the Competition and/or the Event and (iii) BAL shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of the same (save where otherwise expressly agreed by BAL (in writing) in its sole discretion).
6. Entry is only open to residents of the United Kingdom (valid photo ID (passport or driving licence) and/or other forms of identification must be presented to BAL on request) aged between 13 and 30 years. Parental or legal guardian (as applicable) consent shall be required for entrants under the age of 18 years. Entry is limited to vocalists, instrumentalists, musical groups (comprising vocalists and/or instrumentalists) that are classically trained and/or currently in the process of undergoing classical music training. Employees of BAL and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.
7. In order to be eligible to win the Prize eligible entrants (or those persons nominating such entrants) need to have registered the required relevant information about the entrant via email, as detailed at the “Sounds of Classical Poll” link on www.classicbrits.co.uk (the “Website”), which includes submitting an audio-visual recording featuring their performance of a classical (or classically inspired) piece of music (“Performance Video”).
8. The Prize Winner of the Competition will be chosen by an expert judging panel engaged by BAL at BAL’s sole discretion. The judging panel’s decision shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into in relation to its decision.
9. Entrants may enter themselves (or a musical group of which they are a part) or a person may nominate someone else as an entrant provided that such nominated entrant has consented to being entered and that the entrant is aware of and complies with these Official Rules.
10. There is no purchase requirement or fee to enter the Competition.
11. The opening time for the Competition is on or around 8:00am (UK time) on Friday 23 March 2018 until 5pm on Friday 25 May 2018.
12. Entries to the Competition must be made in the manner specified. Failure to do so may disqualify the entry.
13. BAL and its group companies cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside their control.
14. Those entrants who make a shortlist for the Prize (to be determined at BAL’s sole discretion) may be contacted and requested to provide proof of submitted information including identification and Music Qualification Certificates and may be required to be available for promotional activities being arranged by BAL and its Event Partners.
15. The name of the Prize Winner will be announced at the Event, posted on www.classicbrits.co.uk and may be announced via BRITs, Classic BRITs and Classic FM Social Media channels at such appropriate time as BAL shall determine. The Prize Winner shall be given instructions by BAL on how to obtain the Prize and the arrangements for any related promotional activities.
16. In the event that BAL or its agent is reasonably unable to contact a Prize Winner for whatever reason that Prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
17. Claims for a Prize must be made within the time and in the manner notified to the Prize Winner upon notification. Failure to claim the Prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
18. Prize packages are personal to the winner(s) and the sale or offering for sale, transfer, resale, donation, or exchange of any prize package and/or part of any of the prize packages is strictly prohibited (including, without limitation, in person or online via an online auction website or online ticket resale marketplace). The Promoter reserves the right to cancel and withdraw or make void any and all prize elements if this term is not complied with.
19. The Winner acknowledges and agrees that they are subject to the full terms and conditions of the Event which form part of their prize, which can be viewed at www.classicbrits.co.uk/terms-conditions under the heading “Classic BRITs”. These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time and may include the requirement for the Winner to present valid photo ID (passport or driving licence) and/or other forms of identification (such as a debit or credit card) upon entry to the Event. Failure to comply with any of the terms and conditions may result in refused entry, or the Winner being required to leave the Event.
20. It is a condition of entry that the Winner (and any person shortlisted for the Prize) agrees to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the promotion without further recompense.
21. The Winner acknowledges and agrees that they are subject to the full terms and conditions of the Royal Albert Hall (Venue), which can be viewed on the Venue’s website, and the Venue reserves the right to remove any person or refuse any person entry to The Classic BRIT Awards 2018.
22. The Prize is awarded at BAL’s discretion and the Prize shall not be awarded in the event of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant (as determined by BAL in its sole discretion).
23. BAL cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting the Prize. BAL is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude BAL’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of negligence.
24. The Prize Winner may be requested to take part in promotional activity (including without limitation recorded and/or filmed interviews) and BAL reserves the right to use the names (“Names”), biography (“Biography”) and locations of that Prize Winner, their photographs (“Photographs”) and audio and/or visual recordings of them (“Recordings”) worldwide in any publicity in perpetuity.
25. The Prize Winner confirms that the Prize Winner has created or appears in the Performance Video, that it is an original work (save in respect of any underlying musical composition embodied therein) and that it does not infringe the rights of third parties and acknowledges that the Performance Video, Photographs, Recordings, Names, Biography, account name, and other information about Prize Winner may be used by BAL and its affiliates (including its Event Partner Classic FM), including by publicly posting on BAL and/or Classic BRITs and Classic FM social media accounts and/or in any other media whether now known or hereafter devised (including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, the classicbrits.co.uk website and/or within any press releases related to the Event and/or the Competition) in perpetuity.
26. These Terms shall be governed by English Law and, in the event of any dispute,
BAL and each entrant submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.